Thursday, September 24, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
1. I am technologically challenged. I haven't always been this way though, only in the last 3 years has my knowledge of all things technical gone down hill. Hmmm, wonder what could have happened to cause that?! Seriously though, sometimes I look at my cell phone and try to remember how to use it which is extremely sad seeing as I used to work for a cell phone company.
2. I am a napper. This also began about 3 years ago and I haven't been able to shake it since then. 3 or 4 times a week I am snoozing right along when the kiddos are, even though I have a ton of stuff I should be doing. It does, however, make mommy much more enjoyable for afternoon and evening.
3. I stink at play. Really, my kids always want me to play cars or blocks or whatever and I get down on the floor and am bored within minutes. Thankfully my husband is great at this and makes up for where I lack. Sometimes my mommy guilt kicks in and I feel awful about it but I have managed to divert them with books so I think it makes up for it.
4. I am the lollipop lady. I know you are probably picturing some old lady walking around with a bunch of hard candies right now but at any given time I usually have about 10 dum-dums in my purse and countless rappers. These little beauties are what helps me get through a shopping trip with both kids in tow.
5. I pretty much live in t-shirts and shorts. Unless I have errands to run or an appointment to go to my attire is just that. After the shower my hair usually goes up in a ponytail and it stays that way the rest of the day. Oh, and I don't put a stitch of makeup on on those days either. Sometimes I feel sorry for the delivery and mail people that see me when I answer the door.
6. I am ready for the kiddos to go to preschool. Is that horrible to say? It is still another year away but I am looking forward to the time that I will get during those few hours a week to run errands and work on jewelry. I'm sure that I will miss them terribly when the time comes but for now I am looking forward to the future.
7. I just recently bought tickets to go to my first concert in years and about had a breakdown when I couldn't order them online or over the phone. Finally I got through though and now in November I will sitting a few rows back from these guys.....
Oh yes, I know you are jealous! HA! My first concert in years is the Imagination Movers! This is part of the kids birthday present and I think I am looking forward to it more than anyone, can't wait to see the look on the kids faces :)
8. I am really bad about taking pictures. My mom can attest to this. There are so many cute things that the kids do on a regular basis and I am always to scatter brain to get it on camera. Doesn't this usually only happen when you are on your third child?!
9. I worry a LOT! Sometimes about the most ridiculous things too. It actually can be debilitating sometimes because all that worrying can make it hard to sleep at night. I am working on it though and trying to let the little things go as much as possible.
10. I have a slight inkling to want another baby. Well, it is a little more than slight but I know that it is not the right thing for our family right now. Plus the possibility of having another set of multiples is a little scary so I will just wait for my brother and sister-in-law to have babies and hopefully that will satisfy my wants. :)
So now here are my 7 nominees: